QA Automation Engineer
Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, GentR&D
ONTOFORCE helps life sciences companies transform data into knowledge, gather insights from data sources and make an impact on patient outcomes. Our platform DISQOVER builds intelligent links between private, third-party, and public data sources democratizing access to data. Our customers are research-intensive organizations in life sciences, healthcare, and beyond: from pharmaceutical multinationals, small-to-medium biotech companies, academic institutes, and hospitals to patient organizations.
At ONTOFORCE, we adhere to an agile work environment, giving every employee a high degree of freedom, room for initiative, opportunity for growth, and capacity to assume responsibility.
We're looking for a QA Automation Engineer to join our team.
As a QA Engineer you are part of our R&D team, that handles the full development of DISQOVER. Within this team, you guard our test coverage by ensuring we have the right amount of automated tests. But you also look at quality from a broader perspective, considering other aspects like clarity of the documentation whether the features solves the business challenges, whether the functionality can be found by users, whether the UX is accessible…
- You work with the R&D teams early in the development to come up with a test approach for every feature, combining several test tactics ensuring an optimal balance between test coverage and run-time costs.
- You ensure the test approach chosen not only covers the happy path, but also the non-happy path and edge-case scenarios.
- You use different automated test tactics to give us the confidence that our application is functioning as expected at all times, and you use manual testing to try to break the application and to validate whether it solves the business need.
- You not only consider writing automated tests or performing tests as part of your responsibility, but you guard the quality of the application as a whole by also evaluating the documentation, the user experience, whether the functionality solves the business challenges…
- You do risk assessments to ensure how far you need to take the testing.
- Together with the team, you help create and execute the necessary tests (automated or manual).
- You analyze bugs and errors found during tests.
- You coach the team on QA best practices.
Our ideal colleague...
- holds a master or bachelor degree in Computer Science/Informatics (or equal through a proven track record).
- is striving to become a T-shaped QA engineer. This means that you may have a specialization writing specific kinds of tests, but you understand for which cases other types of tests can and should be used.
- has a strong technological background to ensure you can better assess how to test, what the risks are, what the breaking points are…
- expects to work with technologies like Python, React, Docker, Jenkins, Solr, graph databases, Redis, AI, AWS…
- is familiar with many different test tactics (like unit tests, smoke tests, UI automation…), and has the technical insights to understand when which test tactic should be used when.
- approaches the job in a very structured way with a strong attention to detail.
Our people love to work with value
- #respectfulness and #openness. At ONTOFORCE, we know that the best and most creative solutions always come from people working and communicating openly with each other. Constantly challenging each other, but realizing that all parties are equal and bring different experiences and insights to the table.
- #accountability and #ambition: We love people who have ambition, who want to be the best and make the best product company by taking accountability for their own work, and who are not afraid to respectfully hold their colleagues accountable.
What we offer
A great team to work with that wants to be challenged and will challenge you.
An innovative product that pushes the edge of data-linkage technology and challenges your mind.
A fun environment that welcomes your ideas, initiatives and creativity. With a brand new office space decked out with swings, chatty brainstorm areas and silent phone booths we have room for everybody’s preferred way of working.
Besides all this, we also offer some practical benefits
An attractive salary with extra benefits such as meal vouchers (€8/day), eco vouchers (€250/year), hospitalization insurance, home working allowance, net expense allowance, optional bike leasing.
Focus on your personal development, training and career growth. At ONTOFORCE you have access to online learning platforms such as LinkedIn Learning and personalized training days.
In addition to the 20 days legal holidays you get 12 compensation days, which gives you a total of 32 paid days leave.
Hybrid working: we are flexible in our way of working with a balance between home working and working at the office.
Ready for a challenge @ONTOFORCE? Apply now!