Belgium, Vlaams Gewest, GentFinance & Operations
ONTOFORCE helps life sciences companies transform data into knowledge, gather insights from data sources and make an impact on patient outcomes. Our platform DISQOVER builds intelligent links between private, third-party, and public data sources democratizing access to data. Our customers are research-intensive organizations in life sciences, healthcare, and beyond: from pharmaceutical multinationals, small-to-medium biotech companies, academic institutes, and hospitals to patient organizations.
At ONTOFORCE, we adhere to an agile work environment, giving every employee a high degree of freedom, room for initiative, opportunity for growth, and capacity to assume responsibility.
We're looking for a reliable and highly motivated Financial Controller to join our team.
As Financial Controller, you will work with and report directly to our VP Finance & Operations. You will also work closely together with the different departments within Ontoforce to support them in achieving their goals.
- You are responsible for cash monitoring and the monthly end closing.
- You assist the VP Finance & Operations in execution and continuous improvement of the financial reporting.
- You will play a vital role in the annual budgeting process, taking into account both the financial feasibility as the management needs.
- You prepare and coordinate the annual financial audit.
- You are involved in forecasting of year-end results.
- You support the VP Finance & Operations in the preparation of the Board reporting.
- As you will be part of a fast growing scale-up, you’re flexible to participate in other ad hoc issues/projects (e.g. review of commercial contracts, board requests, commercial controlling, corporate law…).
Our ideal colleague...
- holds a Master's degree in Finance, Economics or equivalent.
- has at least 2 years of experience in a financial controlling role. Experience in a “big 4” environment is considered a plus.
- is communicative and eager to learn.
- has an excellent knowledge of MS Office, in particular Excel. Experience with BrightAnalytics or other reporting tools, is considered a plus.
- is precise and has good analytical skills.
- has a desire to work in a start-up / scale-up environment.
- is fluent in Dutch and English.
Our people love to work with value
- #respectfulness and #openness. At ONTOFORCE, we know that the best and most creative solutions always come from people working and communicating openly with each other. Constantly challenging each other, but realizing that all parties are equal and bring different experiences and insights to the table.
- #accountability and #ambition: We love people who have ambition, who want to be the best and make the best product company by taking accountability for their own work, and who are not afraid to respectfully hold their colleagues accountable.
What we offer
A great team to work with that wants to be challenged and will challenge you.
An innovative product that pushes the edge of data-linkage technology and challenges your mind.
A fun environment that welcomes your ideas, initiatives and creativity. With a brand new office space decked out with swings, chatty brainstorm areas and silent phone booths we have room for everybody’s preferred way of working.
Besides all this, we also offer some practical benefits
An attractive salary with extra benefits such as meal vouchers (€8/day), eco vouchers (€250/year), hospitalization insurance, home working allowance, net expense allowance, optional bike leasing.
Focus on your personal development, training and career growth. At ONTOFORCE you have access to online learning platforms such as LinkedIn Learning and personalized training days.
In addition to the 20 days legal holidays you get 12 compensation days, which gives you a total of 32 paid days leave.
Hybrid working: we are flexible in our way of working with a balance between home working and working at the office.
Ready for a challenge @ONTOFORCE? Apply now!