Senior Data Solutions Specialist
RemoteBoston, Massachusetts, United StatesSolution Enablement
ONTOFORCE is an innovative company, with HQ in Belgium, dedicated to pushing the boundaries of knowledge discovery and data processing. We aim to make complex data analytics user-friendly and performant. Our product, DISQOVER, is a cutting-edge platform that empowers users to navigate and extract insights from a vast and complex knowledge graph spanning terabytes of data. As developer you will be contributing to the continuous improvement of those knowledge graphs and DISQOVER in general.
Our customers are research-intensive organizations in life sciences and healthcare: from pharmaceutical multinationals to small-to-medium biotech companies, academic institutes, and hospitals.
We're looking for a SENIOR Data solution specialist to join our Solution Enablement team. This role will be focused on our US customers and will mainly service customers in Eastern Standard and sometimes Pacific Standard time zone.
As a member of the Solution Enablement team at ONTOFORCE, the Data Solution Specialist plays a crucial role in collaborating with customers to realize their projects on our DISQOVER platform.
Your responsibilities include:
- Scientific and technical consulting:
- Provide expert advice to customers on data model, management, and integration challenges.
- Define and plan integration strategies, translating customer requirements into custom data integration approaches.
- Implementation of customer projects:I
- Implement end-to-end customer projects on the DISQOVER platform, covering data ingestion to user experience.
- Conduct ETL and semantic integration of data from various customer sources using semantic web technologies.
- Translate customer requirements into user-friendly data visualizations.
- Customer relationship management:
- Act as a trusted partner and advisor, establishing long-term relationships with customers.
- Serve as one of the primary points of contact for customer inquiries.
- Training and support:
- Provide training on the DISQOVER platform and data integration tools to customers.
- Serve as the first line of support for customers, representing the voice of the customer to the product team.
- Collaboration and Optimization:
- Work closely with the marketing and sales team, collaborating on conversations with prospects.
- Collaborate with the product team to provide relevant feedback for the continual optimization of the DISQOVER platform.
- As we operate in a global setting, be prepared to travel occasionally for customer engagements.
Our ideal colleague...
- has a degree with strong scientific background in bioinformatics, computational biology, or a similar discipline.
- has a minimum of 5 years of industry experience; preferably in the fields of pharmaceutical, biotechnology, chemical, contract research, consulting, or scientific software.
- Has very good affinity with data.
- Has excellent communication skills (written, oral and non-verbal communication) in English and a customer service orientation.
- Is a team player and has the ability to work autonomously.
- The role involves scripting and working with UNIX systems, which means that experience with at least one scripting language (preferably Python) as well as a basic familiarity with the UNIX shell environment is required.
- Your are available for your customers during Eastern Standard time zone working hours.
A distinct plus would be …
- Knowledge of networks, graph-based technologies, databases, data mining, semantic web, linked data is an advantage, but not strictly required for the job.
- Understanding RDF, relational and graph-based database technologies (SQL, SPARQL, etc.).
- Expertise in data management and data modeling.
- Experience with project management, account management, or customer service.
Making a difference through our values
- We are one ONTOFORCE - We're united as one team working together to achieve, because the greatest splash is made with the greatest force.
- Your trusted partner - Through our innovative solutions and trusted team of experts, we support our customers as they carry out their science-driven missions.
- Let's go - It's amazing what a can-do-attitude can do. We believe in fostering an entrepreneurial environment where everyone feels empowered to take initiative and make a difference.
- Free to be you - Respect and trust are foundational in everything we do: we respect everyone as unique individuals and trust each other to make the best decisions for ONTOFORCE.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary: Receive a competitive salary tailored to the region you reside in, with the option for additional extralegal benefits such as health insurance and a home working allowance.
- Development Opportunities: Access online learning platforms, like LinkedIn Learning, and benefit from personalized training days to enhance your skills.
- Generous Leave Policy to maintain a healthy work-life balance.
- Depending on your location, you have the flexibility between a hybrid or fully remote working arrangement. Your customers are mainly based in the US (between Pacific Standard time and Central Standard time).
- Cutting-Edge Product: Contribute to DISQOVER, our groundbreaking product that pushes the boundaries of data-linkage technology.
Join us in shaping the future of data discovery and be part of a team that values creativity, collaboration, and continuous improvement!